Gadget Guru is dedicated towards the introduction of new innovative gadgets in Botswana. In our latest range we have; WiFi Smart Power Meter and WiFi Smart Water Meter & Sprinkler. These exciting technologies are relevant for building and power management solution systems so as to control consumption of power and water.
WIFI SMART POWER METER
This power energy meter can measure voltage current active power and energy at the same time. Historical electricity consumption data can be viewed in the chart. No more need to monitor via the meter itself and simply control the whole devices via Smart Life/Tuya App.
Hands-Free Voice Control- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home for easy voice control, providing your smart life with much more convenience. Freely control connected appliances via voice when your hands are not free.
Wireless Remote Control- Conveniently control your connected devices with the free mobile “Smart Life" phone App no matter where you are.(Compatible with Android&iOS). Control your appliances in advance when you are away from home and cut off power supply from phone.
Timer Setting- Take full control of your connected appliances intelligently with the timer feature on your App, allowing you to plan the exact time in advance to turn your devices on or off automatically. Get alerts on low power sent directly to the phone.
Family Sharing- Share the control with your family members or friends for maximum convenience, controlling and monitoring the connected devices together. Support multiple phones to control one breaker or one phone to control multiple breakers at the same time.
WIFI SMART WATER METER & SPRINKLER
A smart water meter is a device that wirelessly communicates with a local or wide area network, enabling remote location monitoring and leak detection, which results in minimal water wastage.
The development of a smart meter is progressively eradicating the traditional methods of evaluating water consumption and is proving to be among the best innovations for conserving water and saving money.
- The smart water meter can remotely track in real time: water consumption and flow and pressure anomalies, while also identifying vacancies and tampering. The most important solution stemming from smart water meters is the reduction of losses caused by leaks.
- Smart water meters favor dynamic water billing, which eliminates the need for manual supervision every month in each household. It supports real-time, web-based metering which helps authorities automatically generate bills and send them to consumers within a specified time.
- Smart water meters aid in the detection of inefficiencies and patterns in consumption. Smart water meters collect data that can be monitored so that users can understand their regular habits, and pinpoint where they’re wasting water. This results in enabling users to take the necessary steps to change their water-usage habits.
- Collected data from smart water meters allows operational teams to analyze the efficiency of the water usage coming from a particular meter and therefore optimize delivery based on usage patterns. These patterns can aid in the creation of use-cases, thus allowing utilities to prepare for specific zones or grids.
Why is there a need for smart water meters?
There are many reasons for needing smart water meters. Here are some of the key reasons:
- Smart water meters offer an accurate way of measuring water usage and because of their advanced technology, they can easily be integrated into smart cities, homes, and eco-friendly businesses, as they offer remote monitoring and operation.
- Smart water meters can remove the burden of manual readings and monitoring, thus allowing for real time updates which can result in water savings, cost savings, increased revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- By using data from smart water meters, municipalities or utility companies can track how much water is used in each household, and can optimize delivery. In addition, smart water meters can be consolidated with other utility bills, simplifying bill payment processes.
- Many homeowners have silent leaks they don’t even notice or think are too inconsequential to deal with. But a simple toilet leak can waste up to 7,000 gallons of water every month if it goes unnoticed. Smart water meter users are able to pinpoint leaks immediately because their meters can provide them with up-to-the-minute data. This can save them significant costs on their water bills.
How do smart water meters work?
Smart water meters use wireless connections so readings are taken remotely and provide data 24/7. They are considered smart because they collect water consumption data with a timestamp and securely share the data with a water supplier or municipality through an automated control system. It’s possible to use a one-way communication to the utility (Automated Meter Reading, AMR) or a two-way communication between the utility and the consumer (Advanced Metering Infrastructure, AMI).
Smart meters are programmed to detect leaks. Thanks to the meters’ acute sensitivity, they are able to accurately detect even the smallest leak. If a smart meter doesn’t drop to 0 in a time frame defined by the algorithm they follow, the utility company or homeowner is notified about a potential water leak.
Automated irrigation- WiFi Irrigation system controller and set timer as well as, schedule irrigation from phone.
Smart water meter vs. regular water meter
Here are some key differences between smart water meters and regular dial-type water meters:
- Smart water meters transmit data to a central database, while regular water meters do not. This allows businesses and homeowners to access their water usage data easily and in real time.
- Smart water meters assist in controlling usage which maximizes efficiency thus directly affecting cost. Users are also able to analyze their previous usage data and adjust their consumption accordingly to minimize waste.
- Smart water meters use remote access, which, compared to the manual readings used for regular water meters, reduces staff costs, human errors, and valuable time.